Welcome to Grant Elementary School
Geared for success, the program is an exciting mixture of individual
and team sport skills, cooperative group activity, and aerobic exercise
to benefit the most important muscle in your body--the heart!
- Provide a safe and inviting environment
- Curriculum encompasses the physical, psychomotor, cognitive, and health domains.
- Lessons include developmentally appropriate skill progression.
- Field Day
- Jump Rope for Heart
- ACES = All Children Exercising Simultaneously (possible)
- Field Trips (possible)
What is Physical Education?
Education is a program taught by a trained Physical Educator that
provides students with opportunities to develop and maintain the skills
necessary to live a healthy lifestyle.
Why Physical Education?
- Promotes changes in brain structure and function
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure
- Promotes life-long physical fitness
- Enhances self-concept and self-esteem.
- Helps maintain healthy bones, muscle, and joints.
maintain and/or improve health by increasing cardiovascular endurance,
muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, and body composition.
- KIDS FEEL GREAT!